Monday 28 October 2013

Factor Five

Factor Five Leiden...what the hell is that?

My RE called me the other day to give me some news about some blood work I had had done a few weeks previous.  He told me that I tested positive for factor five leiden.  It is a genetic disorder passed down from one of my parents.  I called them both and expected at least one of them to take the blame...but neither did. Of all things to inherit, a genetic mutation!!

Well after numerous "googles" I got to the bottom of factor five leiden...It is a blood clotting issue that can affect pregnancy and can result in your baby becoming stillborn.  Great...now even if I manage to get past the dreaded first trimester, I will have stillbirth to worry about.

Some days I am not sure I am cut out for this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment