Tuesday 13 August 2013

clocks

I never wanted to be a mother. Traveled the world in my 20's, met my husband in my early 30's and the 2 of us settled into a comfortable life together....and besides, I had an amazing dog who seemed to fulfill all my mothering needs.  And then one day it hit me.  The clock.  You know the clock I mean.  The one that goes tick tock, tick tock on your ovaries almost like a ticking time bomb.

Here I was in my mid 30's, now deciding that I wanted to become a mom, to all things a human!...and I was not taking no for an answer from my husband.  Luckily, at least I like to believe it was luck, he may also have heard that clock and he really wasn't too opposed to the idea.

After spending years trying not to get pregnant, I really didn't think I would have any fertility issues but after almost 2 years of trying, I was starting to lose hope.  I was 37 years of age and time was no longer on my side.

And then one day it happened. 2 lines came up instead of one....who knew, that a year later, I would have suffered 3 miscarriages and still have no baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment