Wednesday 14 August 2013

It's not really a baby until 12 weeks you know

From the first moment I saw those 2 pink lines on a stick I was a changed woman forever.  I could not stop smiling. 

I joined every online baby community there was.  Babycenter, the bump, you name it, I joined it.  I was so excited to finally have gained entry into the mommy club.  Each week, I would receive a new notification about how big the size of the little nugget growing inside of me was.  I was already planning his or her jungle themed nursery and researching the best car seats on the market.

It was hard to keep it a secret in those first few weeks.  I really wanted to shout it out to the world but instead we only told a few close friends about our joyous news. 

This was the best pregnancy ever. No morning sickness, just fatigue.  Of course, I had done my research and just thought I was one of the lucky women out there who was blessed to not have morning sickness.  I wish I knew then what I know now.

After having found out that I was low on B12 and my precious new baby needed this, I was getting weekly injections.  I headed to a walk in clinic to have an injection.  I was not yet at 8 weeks, so I hadn't had my first "real" obstetrician visit.

This is how the visit went. 

"Hello, I'm Dr. Asshole, any  medical issues?"

" I'm 7 weeks pregnant!".....me, grinning from ear to ear

"Oh....well you know we don't really consider a woman pregnant until she is 12 weeks along.  Here's your shot, have a good day"

I walked out of the office dejected and destroyed....I think I knew right then and there that this was not just an asshole comment and I would not make it until 12 weeks...this was foreshadowing of what was to come....miscarriage number one.


No comments:

Post a Comment