Friday 16 August 2013

the middle child

I call miscarriage number 2 my middle child.  I don't know much about middle children.  In my family, I have a brother who is the oldest and me, the baby.  What I do know is that often they feel neglected.

About 6 months after my first miscarriage, I caught my rainbow.  5 days before my period, after a night out with my girlfriends I took a test. I'm a "need to know as soon as possible" kind of girl.  And there it was, a second pink line.  I honestly couldn't believe it.  I bought 2 more tests the next morning and all came up with the same result.  I was pregnant again.

I didn't know how to tell my husband.  He had suffered in silence through the first miscarriage and I was nervous to put him in on this roller coaster ride again.

5 days later, to my astonishment, my period arrived on cue....I ran to the bedroom crying.  My husband, who thinks I am crazy even at normal times was a bit alarmed.  A period is a common thing and not something to be sobbing about.  It was only then that I told him about the tests.

Chemical pregnancy....another early miscarriage and another blow to the heart.  I didn't even know if I could honestly count it....if I hadn't taken an early test, I wouldn't even know about this one.  But no, it counts...at least to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment