Saturday 17 August 2013

3rd time unlucky

Is it possible to feel numb about a miscarriage?

After the chemical pregnancy, we miraculously got pregnant again.  I have no idea how this happened.  Over 2 years of trying unsuccessfully, and then all of a sudden, 3 pregnancies within a year.  Maybe once I realized I actually COULD get pregnant, it was game on for those ovaries.

This pregnancy ended at 8 weeks.  I was now seeing a reproductive endroconologist because of my age and my history.  I really thought this one would stick.  Like seriously, no one has 3 miscarriages do they? I now had a great doctor, an RE who specialized in this stuff AND I would get an early ultrasound to calm my worries.  I was home free! I even bought a onesie for him....yep, I think this one was a boy.

I threw up for the first time in any of my pregnancies the day of my 8 week ultrasound.  I thought this was a good omen.  We shuffled off to the hospital with hope and anticipation.  I wanted to bring home one of those black and white polaroid looking pictures of my little baby growing inside.  I would have posted it on my fridge.  Yep, I know that's corny.

Well...you know how it went.  Baby stopped growing at 6 weeks.  The ultrasound tech said "I'm sorry".  My doctor recommend a D and C because of my history.  That previous miscarriage didn't go so well.  A day later, I was in surgery.  I walked out "numb".  That's the only way to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment