Monday 19 August 2013

The odds have not been in my favour

In the 2 years that we have been "actively" trying to have a baby, I personally know 14 other couples that have gone on to have successful pregnancies.  They say the odds of miscarriage vary at around 20 percent.  Yet I am the only one (that I know of) who has miscarried.  I figured since that I have now had 3, I saved all of them.  I'm good that way. ;) 

One of my best friends had twins.  2 beautiful little boys.  After 6 months I finally worked up the courage to meet them.  I couldn't do it before.  In fact, I avoided her throughout her entire pregnancy.  We became pregnant around the same time, she went on to have 2 babies.  I got nothing. 

Only a few people know about my first miscarriage, even fewer about the 2nd and the 3rd.  One of these women has just had a child, the other is due shortly.  I can still recall the pity in their voices as they reluctantly told me they were pregnant.  Although I felt joy for them, I would not be human if I didn't feel the slightest twinge of jealousy.

I have been wondering if karma plays a role in any of this.  Was I a horrible person in a past life?  Did I pillage villages?  I hope not. 

I'm just waiting for the next baby shower invite to arrive in the mail. It shouldn't be long now!  Odds are...someone is due.


No comments:

Post a Comment